Wednesday 8 October 2014

Reestablishment survey & pool dig

Ok I lost it the other day, the poor pool builder had to listen to me being pissed off. The pool was to be dug Wednesdsy last week so on tue at 4.35pm they call to ask if I have had boundaries marked, datum levels & PD pegged/marked out the building. Are you serious? The night before you plan to dig you request this which could have been asked for months before or at least weeks before to get them organised. I had no idea what they were so suddenly I'm calling PD BC who is impossible to get onto and trying to get magic done in 25mins before 5pm, grrrrrrrr. 
Why can't they did our house is 11m from back boundary fence so not near pool? A quick lesson from pool BC. They need to check datum levels which essentially means if your house sits high or low on ground you want pool to match it or risk having steps up to pool or have pool so much lower all rain run off goes into pool. Lucky we have flat block but still I understand it now. Also if house close to pool you want them aligned so pool not on angle to house a problem if you are paving or decking areas. We have at least 5m of grass between house and pool so not such an issue. 

Two days later my BC has requested reestablishment survey for new levels, boundary markings etc. we wait for "early next week" so that means Mon/tue.  The pool dig re planned for Wednesday. Today. 
I quickly visited site today and hooray they have marked boundaries but no pool diggers. So a few calls later I have PD chasing datum level survey report & soil/slab report. Pool builders happy to almost start but need levels still. 

Had no idea I'd be so excited over some marks!

Looks like neighbours fence crosses boundary...


No comments:

Post a Comment