Sunday, 21 December 2014
Slab piers & plumbing started.
I remind myself we only settled on the land in July and here we are already watching the house be built.
Slab process so far:
- scrape and levelling of the block, including cutting alfresco, porch and garage lower than floor of house.
- lots of hollow metal poles in ground, the screw piers I think. I referenced them to engineering plans for slab and noticed a few not on there. A few calls to BC & SS, my answer eventually came from slab coordinator who returned from holiday and got the job of driving to our site to check them. Turns out more jobs done since I was there and he assures me they're all good. He actually said it was looking like a great flat site with good soil sand etc.
- plumbing installed. Odd looking at location of down pipes, they look way too close to fence line.
- now all the waffle slab stuff to get prepared before our concrete pour on thrs. I think they have a busy day planned Wednesday.
- Got our private inspector booked to review slab Wednesday afternoon before concrete pour.